Find out more about us here
Tony holds an NVQ Level 4 in Management and Leadership and has worked within Children’s Services since 2007. Tony also holds a Level 3 NVQ in children & young people & CYQ Level 2 healthy related exercise for young people.
Project Coordinator 2
Sue has worked in and around Milton Keynes for 25 years she has supported children and young people with a wide range of ability, and their families in a variety of roles. She is back working with Barnardo’s to lead the short breaks service in Milton Keynes.
As part of our agreement with Milton Keynes County Council we will provide a trained and competent workforce with the necessary skills, experience and qualifications to deliver high quality, safe and responsive services, which reflect the diversity and needs of disabled children and families accessing our service.
- All service staff and volunteers receive safeguarding training in accordance with guidance issued by the Milton Keynes Safeguarding Children’s Board
- All service staff and volunteers pass the Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check prior to commencing their role
- All staff can evidence their skills/qualifications
- All staff receive training in maintaining confidentiality and information governance
- All staff are provided with an appropriate induction programme and regular supervision and training to enable them to co-ordinate and deliver high quality play provision and activities, which contribute to the learning and development of children and young people
- All managers and staff who will be working with children and young people, have the required individual training, to manage and support particular requirements, including medication, feeding, epilepsy and other complex health needs
All staff are aware of Milton Keynes County Council’s Shared Care Protocols and trained at an appropriate level, to meet the individual’s needs and requirements of the service
- All staff have Health and Safety training and have access to management support to address any Health and safety issues